Friday 13 April 2012

UNBELIEVABLE!!! Goal Kepper With One Hand Saves Penalty! See Pictures...

Meet Tyrone Welcome - the goalkeeper out to prove that having one arm is no barrier to being a safe pair of hands between the sticks.

Tyrone admits that opposition forwards regularly underestimate him.

But they are often left frustrated by his shot-stopping prowess - and has saved three of his last five penalties.

Tyrone, 38, said: 'Once the other team have seen me make a few stops they soon realise I’m hard to beat.

'Because I’ve had to focus so hard on my game, my mind is always one step ahead - I think my anticipation is twice what it would have been otherwise.

'It’s a bit of reverse psychology. I know they’ll naturally try and stick it down my right hand side, so I edge even closer to the left to encourage them to hit it that way.

'Once they’ve fallen for it I throw my weight the other way and save it. It works like a dream.
When it comes to catching the ball, Tyrone says he normally opts to punch it safety.

'With practice you get very good at anticipating the flight of the ball and getting some real distance on it,' he added.

'I take real pride in a clean sheet and every time I play I aim to keep one. I have a mixed record, but over the years I’ve got my fair share.'

Inspirational Tyrone, who plays for Aston Stars FC in the Birmingham Southern League, lost his right arm aged 12 after being electrocuted when copper wire he was carrying touched an overhead power cable.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...