Wednesday 25 April 2012

Picture: A boy with a tortoise back!

A child dubbed 'turtle boy' because of a giant mole that covered his back like a shell, can now live a normal life thanks to a British surgeon.

Didier Montalvo, six, from Colombia, had the rare condition Congenital Melanocytic Nevus.

There was a chance the growth could turn malignant but Didier's mother Luz could not raise the money for the operation.

The family were also ostracised from their rural village as the superstitious residents said Didier's condition was due to being conceived during an eclipse.

They feared he was touched by evil forces which meant he could not attend school or be baptised.

'I want to grow up,' Didier said.

'But the mole won't let me.'

But thanks to leading plastic surgeon Neil Bulstrode, who operated on him  free after hearing of his plight, Didier can now grow up as any other child.
Smiling again: Didier says he can 'grow up' now his mole has gone



2 comments:

  1. Dude.. I am not much into reading, but somehow I got to read lots of articles on your blog. Its amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often
    Natural male enhancement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for informative post. I am pleased sure this post has helped me save many hours of browsing other similar posts just to find what I was looking for. Just I want to say: Thank you!
    Best male enhancement

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...